Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Christmas Card List

Author Unknown

I have a list of folks I know, all written in a book,

And every year when Christmas comes, I go and take a look.

That is when I realize these names are all a part,

Not of the book they're written in, but of my very heart.

For each name stands for someone who has crossed my path sometime,

And in that meeting they've become the rhythm in each rhyme.

While it may sound fantastic for me to make this claim,

I really feel that I'm composed of each remembered name.

And while you may not be aware of any special link,

Just meeting you has changed my life much more than you may think.

For once I've met somebody, the years cannot erase

The memory of a pleasant word or a friendly face.

So, never think my Christmas cards are just a mere routine

Of names upon a Christmas list, forgotten in between.

For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you,

It's because you're on the list of folks I'm endeared to.

For I am but a total of the many folks I've met,

And you happen to be one of those I prefer not to forget.

Whether I have known you for many years or few,

In some way you have had a part in shaping things I do.

And every year when Christmas comes I realize anew,

The best gift life can offer is meeting folks like you.

So, may the spirit of Christmas that forever more endures

Leave its richest blessings in the hearts of you and yours.

This was in a card I received last year and just wanted to share!

No comments:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics