Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School

This is what NOT to do on the first day of school!! OVERSLEEP! I never do this, I always wake up when John is getting out of the shower, not today. I guess I even told him I was getting up as he was leaving. GRRR!!! Tessa made it to school, I even managed that first day of school photo. I think what really bothered me was watching her walk to school without me. I have always been there that first day. She did not seem bothered, so why did it bother me? I am proud to say that I did NOT have tears like I have had other years with other children.

Alicia comes to see me before her weekly meeting. I asked her if she had to drive home in the bad weather last night. She said that she was on her way home at 7:30pm before it hit. I guess those really lovely giant sunflowers she had growing on the west side of her house took a real beating. I am glad that we were able to get photos of them with the blooms. She was telling me about Northwood and I was shocked. I never listen to the news and once again was clueless. John, Tessa and I had gone outside of town to watch the storm come and to try and get good photos. I listened to the radio say that it was near Northwood, but never really thought much of it.

The storm was bad enough in town to scare Tessa, so she spent most of the night on the couch. I unplugged things and then went to bed, I did not feel like there was anything else I could. I still love to listen to the rain, just did not like how close the lightening was.

I was really glad to hear Tessa say that she was excited for school tomorrow. I think it would be fair to say, I was SHOCKED! She went to a friends house, the one action that can sometimes make me nervous. I do NOT always know right away where she it, another adjustment of being back in school. How is everyone else? I know photos, and eventually I will get them on here. Till next time...

No comments:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics