Sunday, July 22, 2007

July 22, 2007

We have just gotten home from a trip back into time. I wish there were more photos from that period in my life to help me remember some of who I saw on Saturday. Susan and Aaron were there to help me remember, but for some it was impossible. The tour of the college was wonderful. I was so amazed by all the different changes. Where the girls dorm was, is now the boys. South Hall, old men's dorm, is now the library. Susan and I laughed as that was one part of the school we rarely ever went into. We did not have the need for the classes we were taking. The women are now in Gilliand Hall, which I believe was one married housing. I wish we could have seen one of those rooms. I did find my old door but so many changes make it look nothing like it did when I went to school there.

I really do hope they do this again and can find more of the alumni. I had wished to see many more faces from that time period. Susan has given me a few photos she has from that time period for me to scan and save with what I have. We look so young, and I guess in reality we were. I was only 17 when I first left home for LRJC. I have not seen all the photos John took, so I know that I will have more to say later.

Tessa seemed so pleased by getting to sew with Julie and then writing and printing on the computer. She thinks I need to have a sewing machine like Grandma's. If any of you know me, you know that is NOT happening. Sewing is not my favorite pastime. I am just so grateful that Nakita and Tessa were somewhere safe while we were out having some fun.

John has this week off, and I will not go back to my new job till next week. I have not really said much about this new job. I will tell you this, it is close to the house, I get to sit and work at a computer and get paid for it. Could it get anymore perfect!? I have the feeling, I will not feel like getting on the computer after having worked on one most of the day. Time to close and see what everyone else is doing. How was everyone's weekend? Till next time...

No comments:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics