Sunday, July 01, 2007

July 1, 2007

Friday morning, Alicia, Mariah and I were on the road by 7am. I am so grateful for that portable DVD player so that she would watch movies all the way to the cities. It was a time for Alicia and I to catch up. I did not want her to get sleepy and I had to try and stay awake. We reached the city by noon, but went to the wrong terminal first. GRRR! It took us 45 minutes to get back to the right terminal and while doing that her gas chime came on. If you know me well, that is enough to cause me to PANIC. She just laughed and said she could drive for 20 miles on that. I just wonder how long it will last in this traffic jam?

We finally had Chris and Mariah had her Dad. The drive to find the motel and then Mall of America was a bit hairy. We were all so hungry after not eating all day. I know that Alicia had a very hard time saying goodbye. We thought we had missed rush hour. NOPE! I felt so bad for her as she has a clutch and had to constantly keep shifting as he barely moved for an hour and a half. I was so worried we would not be able to stay awake. A bit of caffeine and non stop chatter, every minute brought us closer to home. I was never so happy to see my house. I knew that I had no plans for saturday. Alicia on the other hand, had another day of riding in the car. They were leaving for a weeks vacation to South Dakota and Wyoming. I hope that they have a great time.

Julie is here for part of the weekend. The last weekend of her Pracs study. We took her to the Golden Corral again and then a quiet afternoon at home. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Hope you have all had a great weekend and are ready to face a new week! Till next

No comments:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics