Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The first day of May

I really did NOT know this was going to be such a busy day when I woke up. I thought I would run to get myself fitted for my brace and then have the rest of the day to work at home before going to the Taste of Home cooking school tonight.

Alicia called to say she had forgotten to tell me that Mariah had a little program at school today and I was heartsick that my appointment looked like it was going to prevent me from going. I went to my appointment a bit early and was fitted with this contraption that is really going to take some getting used to. He says this is going to help, right at this very moment I just want to take it off and suffer a bit. Anyhoo, I finished and was able to get to her program in the nick of time.

It is always so fun to watch the young do what they have been taught. They seem to have some very fun activities in music. I do NOT remember it ever being like that when I was in school, then again we did not have music in the elementary classes. One of the activities that we were shown was with Popsicle sticks. The teacher would tap out a beat and they were to 'write' it with the sticks. She definitely had their attention while they were doing this. They had to listen to the beat, could not be talking or goofing off. I wish I would have had my camera, but Alicia had hers. I hope to get a photo from it sometime! Till next time...


Hearts divider

No comments:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics