Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A rare moment

I have started this bible study by Beth Moore called 'When Godly people do unGodly things'. I am taking this at a church that is not my own. It has never been a problem, but today for some reason, a conflict rose up in me. I do not even know how to put into words the emotion that was going through me, but I am the kind of person that tends to shut down when conflict arises.

I know that we are all brought up with a different view sometimes of what the Bible is trying to tell us. Today it was shockingly obvious!! I heard someone say that prophetic was a thing of the past. It was not relevant for us in this present age. We had just been talking about how they felt like we were in the end times. The verse that says men will see visions in the end times popped into my mind. I had to use my friend's bible to search it out. I was to chicken to read it, but thank goodness she was not. The verse in Acts 2:17-18. They seemed to just sit there and then said, do you want me to ask my pastor about it. What good is that going to do? Is he going to say that it is not relevant? I was shaking my head on the inside and trying to keep a smile on the outside.

We have always been asked to keep our remarks nondenominational. Just stick to the bible. I think that is what I was doing today. Anyways, I will just continue to learn what Beth Moore is teaching and try to get something out of the discussions, the part that I have always dreaded. Till next time...

No comments:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics