Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 25, 2007

This day started out with me thinking, oh no, here we go again! Another project that will be stress full and have John and I pickering back and forth. We both knew it was going to be blazing hot and figuring out a new skill is not easy. We gather our supplies and then John started to cut the cement backer board. I was not allowed to really help with this. If any of you know me, you know it was killing me to not be able to give a helping hand. I know when I do this, John just rolls his eyes and really wants to be left alone. We laid out the center tile to see how the pattern would be. A little disagreement occrued, but all was resolved with the discovery we were short on a couple pieces of tile. We returned the excess and brought home what we needed. John mixed the mortar and I proceeded to start laying the tile. I really wish we could have smoked right through that little entry way. I could not believe how tired I ended up and John decided that once we used up the mortar that was mixed we would stop till morning. We had most of the whole tiles laid. Tomorrow we will be doing quite abit of cutting. Allan, our neighbor has a cutter and was gracious enough to let us borrow it. He has been by a couple of times to see our progress, so far he has approved of how we are doing everything. It is always nice to get the opinion of someone that has had some experience. Tessa has spent the day playing with different friends. It really is a nice feeling to end the day tired and realize that you have actually done something to make you tires. I pray that your day went well! John has all the photos from this experience and eventually I will get on that computer to put some up for you to see. If you are just dying to see before I am able to, go to his Flickr and check them out! Till next time...

No comments:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics