Thursday, April 19, 2007

April 19, 2007

This date has special meaning to me. IT is the last day that I worked as a nurse 10 years ago. It is also the date of the Waco Massacre in 1993. I was doing my practicum in Spokane at the time and watched this on the TV in between the births of babies. I was having the incredible experience of working with a labor and delivery nurse. This time of year really have been one where the world goes crazy. In 1995 we had the Oklahoma City bombing that devastated so many lives. For those of us from this area, 10 years ago was our moment in history. The Flood of 97 came to change our lives in so many ways. Time has continued to go forward and once again this week more sadness with the Virginia Tech Massacre. What is it with this time of year!?

John and I have our 12th anniversary this weekend and Monday is my Brenna's 22nd birthday. I am very excited that she is going to be home this weekend and that we will all get to be together again. The plan is to go to Alicia's to cookout and who knows, maybe we can turn it into a game night?

Yesterday was an emotional roller coaster. I will not put all the details here, for some things are private. I am just so grateful for family that cares. It was like the floodgates opened and I was able to say some things to John that were long overdue. I know that you will be reading this Mom and yes I am doing well today. I still have not figured out how to deal with that problem, but for this present moment I am calm. I know that some of the things we will have to do to solve this problem will be good for us. It is always kind of hard to make changes, but after awhile it always turns out ok.

Mornings are still rough here. I get so frustrated with Tessa, but I have a feeling she is NO more a morning person that I am. Was I that ornery when I was a kid? Do you remember Dad? I have this memory of maybe being a bit prickly in the morning! Yesterday, I was also blessed with an explanation to something that has really been weighting heavy on my mind. The situation was put back in proper perspective. This person may never know how grateful I truly am! OK, I need to finish with this and attempt to see if Tessa is getting ready. Till next time...

Hearts divider

No comments:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics