Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Show and Tell

John had the joy of taking me to see the Doc today. I was so glad to get out of the house for just a little bit. I had not been out since Friday. He was so sweet and salted the sidewalks for me. I was shown pictures that were taken during the operation. I, of course, had no idea what I was looking at. I did get him to describe to me what he had done to try and make scar tissue grow. He said he used this tool that is like an ice pick and he punched holes in the area that was without cushion. I guess where it bled and started to clot is where there should be scar tissue. If that failed, the partial knee repair is the next step. I had him show me what that was and it makes me think of retreading that part of the joint.


I get to start PT on Friday. John is going to be loosing so many hours having to run me here and there. I asked him if I was worth it. I got the LOOK and I think you know what I mean. I am trying to be patient, but I really do NOT like being on crutches. We went to lunch to my favorite place called Qdoba. I was trying to get in and this young man came and opened the door for me. He said, "I was on those for 3 months and I know how they suck!" I just had to smile as his kindness. You rarely see that these days and it was an unexpected pleasure.


I am not sure I should put a picture here of my knee. I will so that you can see what was done, Mom and Dad. I still have some pretty good bruising going on. Time will make that improve. Tessa is waiting on the sidelines for me to play a few games with me. The book fair is at our school and John is going to have to go with her as I am kind of out commission. I really do think it is ok for him to have to experience this at least once. Till next time...

No comments:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics